2017 BCAFN Elections
The BC Assembly of First Nations elections are held during the Annual General Meeting every year. The open positions for 2017 are:
- BC Regional Chief
- Four (4) seats on the Board of Directors
- One (1) Female Youth Representative
The 2017 Annual General Meeting will be held from October 11th – 13th at the Musqueam Community Centre and the election will take place as follows:
- All Candidates Forum: October 11, 2017 3:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Election Day: October 12, 2017 – 1st ballot will open at 8:00am and close at 10:00am
Nominations for the Regional Chief, the Board of Directors and the Female Youth Representative must be received by the Electoral Officer no later than midnight September 11th, 2017, and must be accompanied by:
- A completed Nomination Acceptance Form,
- A one-page profile of the nominee, and
- The nominee’s appointment of a scrutineer, if desired.